تعلن جامعة السلطان قابوس
عن وظائف جديدة شاغرة لأعضاء هيئة التدريس وفقا لنص الإعلان التالي:
Electrical & Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising undergraduate and graduate students’ projects, undertaking active research roles in the field of expertise, participating in committees and other administrative duties at the department/college/university level. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree from a reputable university and have relevant experience and proven excellence in teaching and communication skills. The medium of delivery is English.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman, invites applications for a faculty position for the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor (starting in Fall 2022) in high voltage engineering and closely related power areas. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge and research interests in high voltage engineering and closely related areas.
Candidates must have:
- A Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from a reputable university with a major in high voltage engineering.
- In-depth subject knowledge/expertise in the field of high voltage engineering.
- Experience (minimum of three years) of teaching as well as conducting and designing laboratories in introductory and advanced courses of the designated areas.
- Experience in teaching and research in the field of high voltage engineering and introductory electrical courses.
- Experience in running industrial/teaching high voltage labs, and using related software packages.
- Ability to develop and deliver innovative and effective teaching and learning materials.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving capability, planning and organizational skills, demonstrated team working skills with a high level of cooperation with other people.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex oral and written information clearly in English.
- Ability to contribute to research in the designated areas and related topics, develop research proposals, seek research funds, and demonstrate a high level of team-work skills and cooperation with others.
- Good publications record in leading peer-reviewed journals.
- Tax-free salary
- Free furnished accommodation
- Free medical services in Government Hospitals (conditions apply)
- 60 days annual paid leave with return air tickets for the staff, spouse, and two children
- End-of-service gratuity (conditions apply)
- Rolling three-year contracts on mutual agreement
- Access to recreational facilities on campus