We are looking for outstanding Primary and Secondary Teachers. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in the first autism school in Abu Dhabi.
Al Karamah School and Training Institute is a high-profile school for Emirati students, offering world-leading education and behavioural care. Based in Abu Dhabi, our aim is to make a real and lasting difference for every young person we support. The School will cater for children and young people on the autistic spectrum, aged 3 to 25, who range from low to high functioning.
We have a strong track record of creating great, positive learning environments where young people are able to attain the highest educational, behavioural and personal outcomes, and are able to go on and have fulfilling lives and careers.
Al Karamah School opened in January 2019 and is designed drawing on our experience of creating a suitable environment which is attuned to child-centred learning. With a dedicated therapy team at the school, you would have the opportunity to join a team focused on the best possible outcomes for each and every child.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and inspirational teachers who will work with students in the Al Karamah Training Institute. This is a purpose-built facility for 15 – 25 year-olds, who are following a vocational pathway. We are seeking teachers with experience of delivering vocational programmes, such as ASDAN, NOCN and BTECs. You will be a person able to see the possibilities of all our exceptional learners and develop a provision that enables them to thrive.
We are deeply committed to the continuous professional development of our staff, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team. We believe the right candidates will find this post challenging, stimulating and rewarding. We have ambitious and exciting expansion plans; for the right applicants there are possible opportunities for internal promotion.
Experience of working in an SEN/ASC school as well as experience with behavioural difficulties is desirable but not essential, as long as applicants have relevant experience, a desire to become an ASC expert and really want to make a difference to children’s life. You should be able to demonstrate a real passion for SEN / Autism.
- You will be provided with a competitive employment package with accommodation near the school and tax free salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Good staff retention rates – The staff are happy at this school
- Peer support to settle in
- Access to strong formal CPD opportunities with UK links to universities offering qualifications through distance learning and informally working with SEN experts.
- First class resources, soft play areas, swimming pool and new classrooms that are organised by ”stage not age”.
- Small, well-resourced class of 5 – 10 children grouped by levels and ability, with very high adult – teacher ratios
- BA Education/Teaching qualification or a relevant degree with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience
Experience teaching children with autism and other special educational needs.
We will be shortlisting and interviewing in the coming weeks, and should you be asked to attend interview we will contact you to request further details.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.